Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Tip on cameras

Tip on cameras

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:29 CET

I'm on my way to buy a new camera to do better jobs than i have than actually in my profile, & i don't get decided about a good one camera, what recommends to me? (in especifications & quality photo)

This post has been edited by Martin Krupka on 19th July 2014 - 23:41

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:14 CET

Hi Victor,

I'm sure there will be a lot of recommendations here but maybe you can start by giving us an idea of what kind of budget you're giving yourself.

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:08 CET

I'm looking for a lightweight camera (talking about reflex cameras), high resolution (with acceptable resolution to upload here), maximum compatibility in lenses, high quality in video, things like that

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:56 CET

The concept around resolution isn't so much the issue for AP.net as the file sizes and resolutions permitted are both limited.

What is your price range? For compatibility I would obviously recommend either Canon or Nikon as you will have a full range of lens mounts available.

Again, in order to give you a more detailed recommendation it would be nice to know how much you're looking to spend.

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:12 CET

I don't take care about prices (in México changes the prices in comparison in USA)

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:07 CET

I am guessing here but camera size may be an issue as well as performance, good for keeping out of sight while on the ramp perhaps?

The natural thing would be to start with with a name, such as Canon or Nikon and then decide which one suits your budget and build up your system from there, however if I were in the market for something small, easily concealed and a good performer then I would start with either the Fuji X-1 series or the Sony Alpha 7 series of cameras.

The X-1 is a mirror less compact camera while the Alpha 7 is more like a DSLR and is supposed to have a fantastic ISO range.

The Olympus OMD also has a good name for itself.

The DP review web site is a good source of reference when it comes down to camera reviews http://www.dpreview.com/

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1560 (34 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.