Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Good enough

Good enough

Jorn Voskuil 

Joined in October 2013
Posted 29 April 2014 - 21:17 CET

Do you guys this picture will be uploaded?

Attached photos:

Pieter Van In 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 29 April 2014 - 22:17 CET

I do not know about others, but I love it! Now if only it where two Airbuses on that picture... ;-)

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 29 April 2014 - 22:21 CET

The scene is indeed interesting but ...

I am sorry to be disappointing but it seems this one has been taken in bad light and heat haze conditions.

If you look at the foreground plane, the top is overexposed (the sun was perhaps at 12:00), the top of the background (taking off) plane is also (less) overexposed and is suffering from heat haze (as far as I can see).

The sky (especially in the middle) seems to be burned.

I am afraid these poor light conditions ruined a little bit the picture.

This post has been edited by Murmeldeier on 29th April 2014 - 22:22

Jorn Voskuil 

Joined in October 2013
Posted 29 April 2014 - 23:06 CET

Thank you both for responding! I was afraid that the light condisions wheren't good enough to! How about the pic I included with this message?

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:15 CET

Jorn, with respect to the first picture, do not upload it. The whites on the United aircraft are over exposed and it is not that well sharpened, you can see this on the registration. It looks like it was shot, or processed with low resolution as the hangar above the B747 is showing picture degradation or noise. The sky has been over exposed.

The second picture is better, although I fear there may be some noise showing on the underside of the nose, which may be enough for rejection. The aircraft itself is lit from the side a possible Backlit rejection and that would depend on the screeners comprehension / taste / discretion. You can certainly try and see what the screeners think of it.

Personally I would use a 2:3 aspect ratio crop to get rid of the boring grass int he foreground, the main points of interest are the aircraft, the wind turbines and the motorway int he background, the grass does not form any point of interest in the picture.

Jorn Voskuil 

Joined in October 2013
Posted 30 April 2014 - 13:29 CET

Thank you guys so much for this information!

How about this KLM A330-200 then?

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 30 April 2014 - 15:34 CET

Rule one of many rule ones... don't crop any close than you have to, The wider crop the less likely that imperfections will show up. the noise on the nose is a lot more noticeable now.

This is what I had in mind for that 747 photo. Sometimes I feel that in trying to photograph the aircraft we forget that there are other elements of interest in a photo. The nose is up on the upper third and the turbines along the bottom third making a not bad composition.

The Airbus, have a good close look at the fuselage under the Royal Dutch Airlines titles and you will see Luminance and colour noise.

This post has been edited by Wallace Shackleton on 30th April 2014 - 15:38

Attached photos:

Jorn Voskuil 

Joined in October 2013
Posted 30 April 2014 - 21:52 CET

Thank you so much for the effort!!!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1322 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.