Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Acceptable?

Acceptable?

Jelle 

Joined in May 2013
Posted 16 May 2014 - 21:26 CET

Hi,

I'd like to know if this picture is acceptable.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Jelle on 16th May 2014 - 21:26

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 16 May 2014 - 22:15 CET

I can only give you my opinion, it would be nice if a screener would answer your question, however it is a nice idea, The KLM is sufficiently blurred to be abstract, I like the concept however the moped, which is the main point of interest does not seem to be sharp.

I get the impression that the ground seems to be slightly over sharpened, (a contradiction in terms, I know,) or it may be the processing, you may get better results with a straight monochrome and less processing.

Composition wise, the moped is in the bottom of the picture facing out of the frame, you would have got a much better effect had the moped been pointing in towards the center of the frame.

You obviously think that you have something, so why don't you try and work the shot to get a better effect, You often get a reaction from the gut but you don't know why, so the thing to do is to work the shot, analyse what you see and improve upon it. The two elements are quintessentially Dutch it's just a matter of improving what you see,

However personally, I don't see the screeners accepting it.

Jelle 

Joined in May 2013
Posted 16 May 2014 - 23:07 CET

Hi Wallace,

Fist of all, Thanks for the reply!

As soon as I read your reply I started Re-editing

Composite wise, I can't change the direction of the moped, but I decided to center the moped so to me it would be better.

I sharpened the moped and made a monochrome edit.

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 17 May 2014 - 19:16 CET

There are times when it is nice to be proved wrong... and this is one of them.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 2102 (37 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.