Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » People appearing in photos

People appearing in photos

Leonardo Meca 
Joined in June 2013
Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:41 CET

Hi guys! I have uploaded the picture below, and a screener said that no people should appear in the photo without it's previous consent. Is that correct? Because I saw some picture here in AP of the same kind as mine that was accepted. Which are the site rules( if it exists) for taking pictures like this one? tahnks :)

Attached photos:

Leonardo Meca 
Joined in June 2013
Posted 16 June 2014 - 22:32 CET

Thank you very much, Peter!

Nigel Paine 
Joined in November 2008
Posted 16 June 2014 - 23:33 CET

Just contacted a friend who photographs people in 'compromising situations' for a living.

Basically, any photograph taken in a public place is the property of the photographer, and as such the photographer is free to publish the photo wherever they please, and without a signed model release form from anybody who happens to be in the photograph. Release forms are mainly for commercial (advertising) / portraiture etc.

Leonardo, if your photograph was taken from an unrestricted area of the airport which is open to the public, pop it in for appeal with a note to the screener. The 'people appearing without consent' rule must be a new unwritten one on here, I don't remember ever seeing it and I've had dozens of photos screened and accepted which clearly show pilots / passengers faces looking straight down my lens.

Leonardo Meca 
Joined in June 2013
Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:38 CET

Thanks, Nigel!

I will write down an appeal and discuss with the screener a bit more about this kind of photo. :)

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Bradley Malais 
Joined in December 2010
Posted 17 June 2014 - 16:04 CET

I know that the rule stated above by Nigel is also the rule (law) in the Netherlands. But since "This agreement [T/C of AP] is governed by Czech law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Czech courts." We should ask the Czech law ;-)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1338 (8 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.