Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Sky Shot rejection?

Sky Shot rejection?

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 17 June 2014 - 23:24 CET

Hi everyone.

Today I had this photo rejected because "requirements are higher for sky shots..."

So, in my opinion it was acceptable. The 747 is banking to the left (Slightly, but even so, banking), and the sky-shot page says that if the aircraft is banking the photo can be accepted. And also it is not a common plane in the database, there are only 8 pictures of it.

I'm curious to know what you think about the photo, and if I should appeal.

Thanks in advance.

Attached photos:

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 17 June 2014 - 23:27 CET

Sorry but I wouldn't say this is banking.

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 17 June 2014 - 23:32 CET

Well, it is banking, or at least that's how I see it, although very, very slightly

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:04 CET

Since the banking is indiscernible it most likely would be considered not banking. The intent of allowing a sky shot that is banking is to allow air show maneuvers where there is no ground visible or airliner departures that require a banking turn after takeoff or arrivals that require the same. While we don't say "no" to every sky shot....there must be a qualitative reason to say yes if the shot does not meet the parameters set forth in the sky shot rule page.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1420 (31 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.