Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » London City Airport spotting Tips

London City Airport spotting Tips

Bas Steenman 

Joined in December 2013
Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:20 CET

Hello,

I'm going on Tuesday to LCY for some spotting. What are the best spots to go?

Or any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!

MatteoStella 
Joined in March 2012
Posted 21 July 2014 - 18:32 CET

Well, I can tell you just my limited experience.

I have been there last year for a short time: I aimed to take some interesting shots with Canary Wharf buildings in the background. So, this said, and given that I had a limited stay in London, with the desire of visiting the city and going to its bigger brother LHR I did not spent so much time there; I thus went for Sir Steve Redgrave Bridge, just 10/15 minutes on foot from King George V DLR station.

You can take picture like this (westbound landings):

Or you can either move along the bridge to find the best compromise according to your needs.

I cannot tell you about departures, since it was very calm in this sense while I was there.

That spot, in my opinion, gives a perfect and characteristic composition... I did not even consider the other possible spots since I was interested in something "quite different".

By the Way, take care of the lighting that may be a little be tricky in the afternoon... but at sunset it may turn out pretty good for some backlight stuff! ;)

Unfortunately, as you can see, weather was not with me that day, but I wish you to find better conditions!

Hope it helps,

Matteo

Cameron Tatchell
Joined in April 2015
Posted 21 April 2015 - 22:08 CET

I know this is a late reply but i know a few good spots

When you arrive at the terminal if you travel east and through a see through bridge there should be a ledge whee you can get some good spots as if they are landing runway 09 as they backtrack in front of you. There is also a car park called Tereza Joanne car park. From here you will get close to 28 arrivals (pretty much directly over you) Next time a go i will be going to Connaught bridge. Despite a busy road behind you thy land right over your head if runway 09 is active! However its not a very good photo area

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1426 (37 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.