Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Retina Display Problems

Retina Display Problems

CHancock 

Joined in February 2009
Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:16 CET

I recently purchased a new 13 inch Macbook Pro with the Retina display. The problem is, when I export photos from Lightroom to upload to this site, the photos look so pixelated it looks like it's a blurry mess. I am using the exact same export settings that I did on my old Macbook Pro without the Retina display. When I export the photos without resizing to 1200px, the photo looks great. And when I open the photo that is not resized on my laptop, it still opens as if it is 1200px on the long edge, but in reality it's like 5500px. My question is, does anyone else use Retina display to edit pictures and upload them to this site, and if so, how do you make them not look so pixelated? Thanks in advance!

Jimmy Leaman 
Joined in August 2010
Posted 14 August 2014 - 16:45 CET

It's a common 'problem' with retina displays. In order to overcome this issue I have an external monitor which i link via HDMI to edit my photos on.

Matt - Would you be so kind in sharing your solution?

CHancock 

Joined in February 2009
Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:51 CET

I posted an in-depth description of my issue here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6649033#6649033

Thanks in advance

CHancock 

Joined in February 2009
Posted 26 September 2014 - 17:51 CET

So I have continued to upload photos to this website with my Retina display Macbook Pro, and I have had a lot of them accepted, but there have been some that say image not sharp. I would like to know if an image is sharp or not after I upload the photo to the website for screening. I brought this up a while back and got an answer, but I can not implement it. It seems that the website needs to add an additional code in order to be viewable on a Retina display at its full potential. without the code, almost every photo on the website looks out of focus and fuzzy. I can't show you an example since all of our displays are different. Here is the link to the answer and even a tutorial on how to implement the code. It would be a great help if this could happen in the near future!

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6649033#6649033

Thanks in advance,

Cory

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 27 September 2014 - 17:50 CET

Hi Chancock, I checked the code in the example provided. It substitutes standard size photo with the larger one if the retina display is recognized. This won't work on AP as we do not have any larger images than those already displayed. I am sorry.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1289 (31 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.