Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Editing and Camera Settings

Editing and Camera Settings

Sidhant S. Vaidya
Joined in December 2013
Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:13 CET

Hey Guys!

I'm having a little trouble getting my photos past the screeners. Here are my problems--

1.The Aircrafts are a little far from me about 670ft. So No matter how hard I try my photos always contain Noise (both color and normal ones) I use RAW format which imo is the best.I also having problems in Editing,The photo never comes the way it should(Have attached the best edited photo till date from me)Could I get any help or guidelines ? Also would be nice if you experts could share your CANON settings :D

Equip:

Canon 600D (That was the only DSLR in my budget)

Lens 55-250mm EF-S

Settings -

S/Speed - 1/400

ISO-Auto

Exp-Auto

Aperture-Auto

Mode -- Landscape(not the dial mode)

ALSO can the attached pic get through the Screeners?

Thanks in Adv

Attached photos:

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 29 August 2014 - 20:38 CET

First of all I will not use the AUTO Iso settings as you may get some unexpected reaction from the camera which (in some occasions) is setting the ISO really too high resulting in a lot of unnecessary noise.

Try to use the Tv or Av programs instead of the fully automatic mode; I would give priority to the exposure time (Tv) in this particular situation (I mean the picture you attached) and see if with 100 or 200 Iso the camera does not flash (to tell it's not sufficiently lit).

The histogram : try to have a look at it, especially on the very right side; Whites are not really white as you can notice an empty zone between 228 and 255, plenty of space to play with.

On the other hand, it seems (looking at your picture) the light conditions were not the best you could have ...

Adrian Korth 

Joined in December 2013
Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:12 CET

Hey,

I own a EOS 1100D and I'm always using the Av-Mode.

We have a proverb in german, which says that it is recommended to use Aperture 8, if there is pure sun.

Do not leave the ISO in AUTO. This could bring unexpected high ISOs and so on unwanted noise.

Use a ISO of 100 if there is sun, if it gets cloudy and a bit darker, set your ISO to 200.

As Murmeldeier says, always take a quick look on the histogram.

Greets Adrian

Sidhant S. Vaidya
Joined in December 2013
Posted 1 September 2014 - 18:20 CET

Thanks alot Murmeldeier and Adrian ! I have found out the mistakes I have made and Will correct it .

p.s Monsoon has arrived in the city. sole reason why there was a shortage of light i

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1519 (22 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.