Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Always getting rejected photos

Always getting rejected photos

Muhd Rasyad
Joined in April 2014
Posted 13 October 2014 - 13:54 CET

Guys! I need help

Lately , i followed tutorial on youtube how to edit some aviation photo's so i won't get rejected photos!

After following the tutorial , i decided to upload here but after it was screened , i was rejected sometimes due to Over sharpened or undersharpened ,

Horizon level or noise in the picture or maybe sometimes exposure - too light or too dark!

Anybody pro's out there willing to help me?

Isaac Adler 

Joined in February 2011
Posted 13 October 2014 - 19:53 CET

There's definitely a double standard on the site.

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:03 CET

As for Ap.net I’m my worst enemy i have in the past posted a few images online only to find out i have not finished them to a standard I’m happy with. But i have also had my fair share of rejected pictures and over the years get many more. Yes the new team i feel are being too hard on the guys that supply the images but also some guys are setting the bar high for us all to follow.

I do feel the working relations with the new team need to work out, and give more incise information when rejecting images to help you guys and new members a fighting chance.

This guy is an Admin on the team and with his tutorials you could go far. Not all the team go this far to help you out but I’m sure they mean well.

Check out his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MMP757

And may we conquer this together if your still at the sharp end of a reject post it and ask for more info on what may have gone wrong we are always happy to help..

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 14 October 2014 - 17:33 CET

Could you perhaps show some of the rejected images so others can help you out?

Bart van den Elshout 
Joined in December 2013
Posted 14 October 2014 - 21:52 CET

The first two seem troubled by digital noise and general softness. For the noise I'd recommend running it through Dfine2, which is part of the NIK collection for Photoshop or Lightroom. This collection also includes a sharpening tool which might also be useful.

In the last image heathaze seems to be the issue, there's no cure for this so I'd recommend not even trying these here.

Bart van den Elshout 
Joined in December 2013
Posted 14 October 2014 - 21:58 CET

It's called Sharpener Pro.

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 14 October 2014 - 22:24 CET

I would be very careful with the sharpener tool, sharpening easily ruins a photo completely. I agree with Bart van den Elshout that the images are very noisy, somewhat soft and have very hard/sharp edges with contrast. I am not a screener so I cannot comment too much on this, but I can imagine that this is not to the AP.net standard yet.

Keep on practicing and you'll get there! All full members here have had many rejections and it took many of us a long time to get our own personal editing skills to the level we have now :)

Don't feel offended but keep on going and you'll improve every time you start editing again.

Good luck and most of all, have fun!

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:34 CET

I have to agree - there's clearly double standard. One of my posts even got "locked" by an admin because I pointed out totally irrational behavior of some of the screeners. I'm attaching a photo that was rejected multiple times simply because it was a "skyshot". While I'm happy to get feedback and rational explanation for rejections - which only help me improve - I have to stress that some of the recent behaviors of so called screeners have been heavy handed. It's only a hobby for most of us.

This post has been edited by Shabbir A Bashar on 15th October 2014 - 09:45

Attached photos:

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:44 CET

Shabbir i love that shot of the Virgin but look closer and you will see its been hit with digital noise the whole picture although it can be reduced with some help. The lighting looks good on the aircraft as its not back lit. image size could be the key thing also as your picture does not have much detail on the frame reduce this down to 1200x800 pixels and could be a winner. I will have a play with this image and re-post once i have re-worked it just to show you.

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:57 CET

After a short work flow i have taken the image into Define and ruled out some of the digital noise that surrounded the aircraft offered it a little sharpness.. Resized to 1200-800 pixels nice work love the aircraft.

Attached photos:

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:14 CET

Hey Crossley thanks for all the effort. My point was that the screeners are rejecting because it's a "skyshot" - which is a bit like not being able to tell the trees from the forest. It is very disappointing as a contributor to this site. BTW, I've tried Nik Dfine - but as you can see, it's taken a lot of the detail out of the rear fuselage.

This post has been edited by Shabbir A Bashar on 15th October 2014 - 11:15

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:07 CET

Shabbir Yes thats the down side to thing such as Dfine we have to find a working compromise.

I have had my fare share of rejected pictures in the past many of them sky shots too. Some images win some don't and yes i understand this is just a hobby for most of us and this has to be addressed at some point. your virgin is good and i don't really see why it should fail.. after all the website is called Airplane pictures = planes fly in the sky... :-)

Comments do get seen by screeners but the comments back are lacking in feed back sometime but once again we have to work with them.

All the best Shabbir like your work dont let then get you down.

Isaac Adler 

Joined in February 2011
Posted 15 October 2014 - 18:13 CET

How do I unsubscribe from this thread. I keep getting emails every time someone posts.

Muhd Rasyad
Joined in April 2014
Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:47 CET

Thanks for the answer guys! I always use Dfine 2 when there is noise in my image .. once again , thanks!

And this is one of the rejected photo i post

Attached photos:

Muhd Rasyad
Joined in April 2014
Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:48 CET

@Crossley

I do follow his tutorial! but yet keep getting rejected photos ..

By the way , i use color channel sharpening.. is it good enough?

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1361 (29 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.