Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Lightroom - Yes or No?

Lightroom - Yes or No?

Adrian Korth 

Joined in December 2013
Posted 18 October 2014 - 15:21 CET

Hey guys,

I am thinking about buying Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 because I heard that it is much better regarding creativity and such.

What do you think about Lightroom?

Is it good for Aviation photography?

When I already have Adobe Photoshop CS6, is there any need of Lightroom?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian :)

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 19 October 2014 - 00:48 CET

Hi!

In my opinion it's a very good product, actually, I use it ;)

You can use it to organize photos, and to edit them too.

And yes, I think it's good for aviation photography.

Rodrigo Bertoli 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:34 CET

Hi Adrian,

Lightroom is a simpler software with intuitive tools aimed for photographers, while Photoshop has comprehensive number of features aimed for all kinds of graphic art professionals, including photographers.

If you have used Photoshop to process RAW files, you must be used Camera Raw. The tools existent in Camera Raw are exactly the same as you'll find in Lightroom, as Camera Raw is the core of Lightroom.

Lightroom have other useful features as a photo library organizer. You can add metadata when importing your photos (or after) to make easy locate your content. You can easily geotag your images with module Map and make photobooks with Blurb in Book module.

I use Lightroom since version 2 and my workflow is entirely based on it. If you don't need to make fusions or work with layers, i would recomend for sure. Check out for Creative Clouds licenses available in your country. There's a license for photographers that is €12,29/month (if i'm not wrong) and you can use last version of Lightroom and Photoshop CC

Cheers!

maqui 

Joined in December 2009
Posted 19 October 2014 - 23:54 CET

Hi;

All my pics uploaded here are exported jpg direct from LR ... except some merged pics. Is not necesary to use PS.

I recomend it to have a library clasiffied, it´s the best photographic tool for us. You can search all the photos of one aircraft in less than 5 seconds ... in one airport, in all airports you have pics, in a year in a day, ... all searching options you imagine. You should complete the library data with aircraft data keywords ( Airbus, A319, Iberia, EC-KKS, LEMD, MAD, jet, airline, passenger, ... )

You can check some videos on my youtube about it ( are in spanish )

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz1JXgwYpOIAkG49_L2n-B876k4v7GzCh

I have been ussing Lightroom since version 1.3 ...

Cheeeers!

Adrian Korth 

Joined in December 2013
Posted 20 October 2014 - 15:25 CET

Hey,

Thanks for your help guys!

I really like that idea of that library data!

I think I'm going to buy it instead of using the Adobe Cloud Service!

Greets,

Adrian

maqui 

Joined in December 2009
Posted 20 October 2014 - 15:34 CET

Hi!

It's enough to save the xmp settings of adjust RAW file or in the catalog of lightroom ... you don´t need to duplicate information saving in psd, cause save to future on JPG is a great error; you must save the RAW+XMP, RAW+Catalog or export to DNG. Other saving options are bad; PSD is less bad than JPG, but some issues without RAW file you can not adjust.

You can find on the net a lot of stuff to teach you about LR ...

Greets!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1562 (32 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.