Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » some questions about re-uploading...

some questions about re-uploading...

Jean-Charles Hubert 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:23 CET

Hi,

First of all, sorry if I ask questions that have been asked before cause i know know if there's a forum search option. That is actually my first question, is there a forum search option ?

2. Is there a way to search pictures through the database, for example by key word, so that you can find a similar type of picture and sees what makes it pass the judging phase ? 2b. Just an example, for panning shots, is there more margin allowed ?

3. What's the proprer way to re-upload a picture, does one start form zero in the upload section ?

4. When re-uploading, is it worth it to put a mention to what changes have been made, thanks to screeners advice ?

5. Is it the same screener for re-upload ?

6. Will other "things to fix" be mentionned on a re-upload by the screener ?

Thanks for your time, i'm new to this site

J-C

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:33 CET

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions

First of all, sorry if I ask questions that have been asked before cause i know know if there's a forum search option. That is actually my first question, is there a forum search option ?

There is a search box at the top of each page

2. Is there a way to search pictures through the database, for example by key word, so that you can find a similar type of picture and sees what makes it pass the judging phase ?

The search facility mentioned above will also search through any remarks that have been made by the photographer. So for example if he/she wrote 'Panning shot ...' and you search for 'Panning' then the image will show in the search.

2b. Just an example, for panning shots, is there more margin allowed ?

3. What's the proprer way to re-upload a picture, does one start form zero in the upload section ?

Do you mean after a rejection? If so then yes, just fix what it was rejected for and re-upload

4. When re-uploading, is it worth it to put a mention to what changes have been made, thanks to screeners advice ?

While we can see what the image was previously rejected for it does no harm to mention that you have corrected anything highlighted

5. Is it the same screener for re-upload ?

No always. The image goes in to the queue and is screened by the next available screener.

6. Will other "things to fix" be mentionned on a re-upload by the screener ?

Yes sometimes this can happen. By fixing one fault it can introduce another. For example if the rejection was because the image was too dark/underexposed then by increasing the exposure you may also be introducing more noise and if you don't fix this it can be rejected for the noise.

Jean-Charles Hubert 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 January 2015 - 19:14 CET

Thx Michael but the search box seems to be only for searching pics not forum posts

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 13 January 2015 - 23:19 CET

Sorry Jean-Charles I totally misread the first part of your post. My apologies.

To the best of my knowledge there is no search facility for the forum unfortunately.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1504 (25 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.