Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » too soft or too sharp ?

too soft or too sharp ?

Jean-Charles Hubert 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:49 CET

Hi, your opinion please

first picture was rejected as front being soft and as feared, second picture was rejected as over-sharpened

Attached photos:

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 19 January 2015 - 18:32 CET

Jean-Charles, according to my troubled eyes both are OK, but why don't you appeal?

mitchel kuppens 
Joined in July 2013
Posted 19 January 2015 - 19:06 CET

There are right Jean-Charles, try Angelo's tutorials they will help you. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbTttiHN0DmwSvPw9VUTSrg

Jean-Charles Hubert 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 19 January 2015 - 22:32 CET

thanks, i would appeal but just by saying: ''but i think it,s not oversharpened" and then what ? the first time, picture was rejected because the blacks (engine) where blacked out. I fixed the problem , re-uploaded then as feared, another issue arose: front was soft ! SO fixed it wiht a slight high pass, and some careful layer "painting" and then it's considered too oversharpened. I've watched the tutorials, both Angleo,s and Andre's and i've learned a lot and now apply that to my editing routine. Plus both andre and Angelo give great advice with the motives with rejections.

The frustration is the feeling that one is left guessing to what are the exact "parameters", if any exist, for rejection or acceptance, specially in regards to softness or over spharpening.

but life goes on, i still challenge myself to produce amazing spotting pictures that transpire my passion for aviation and my work is admired among a great number of my peers.

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 19 January 2015 - 22:35 CET

Hello Jean Charles!

Nice to see you here... ;)

In my opinion the second shot is oversharpened, the first one looks fine to me.

I would try to appeal, and if that doesn't work, maybe try resizing to 1200px?

reus_747 

Joined in November 2012
Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:36 CET

Hi.

In my opinion, the second image is oversharpened, especially the logo is jagged.

crav8or 

Joined in November 2013
Posted 20 January 2015 - 17:27 CET

For me the first one is great. No need for the second one.

I would appeal that one. I have one in appeal that has 3 days waiting.

AP, is the appealed pictures taking long now??

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1289 (23 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.