Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » something changed

something changed

Alberto U. 

Joined in August 2009
Posted 5 February 2015 - 13:48 CET

Hi everyone, I recently uploaded 4 shots, and got 4 rejections. Ok, that happens, so it's not entirely what this post is about. My main point is that for some time now I have been getting that the site has changed too much compared to the first few years. There used to be a different approach to he contributors and to what type of picture was acceptable. I know I don't have either the talent nor the means to take some shots, and most of my rejections I have taken them without a problem, but then I find myself a rejection of a shot that is different to what most have been uploading, a shot where I was lucky enough to have the plane flying over a huge city, good light and the windows being decent. Yet the shot gets rejected for contrast. Now, my understanding was that minor details like possibly low contrast were not enforced in the same way if the shot had something out of the ordinary. And I've been seeing this kind of screening for some time now, that's why I had stopped uploading overall.

This site has some of the best aviation photography I have seen, but I can't help feeling dissapointed as to how the "feeling" of the site has changed. There used to be a friendly aspect here which is now gone, and overall, it looks like the aim has changed from looking for the different picture, to looking for the different picture with a.net standard quality (the ne they claim to have anyway). And as I mentioned, I know I don't have the means or the talent to have comply with that mix. I feel us mortals that don't know more than the basics of photo editing are cut out.

Anyway, I don't have any hard feelings for the team, and I will still admire what's published here. I just needed to get this off my chest.

All the best,

Alberto

David Pauritsch

Joined in February 2013
Posted 5 February 2015 - 22:52 CET

Totally agree.

Philipp Wittmann 
Joined in August 2012
Posted 9 February 2015 - 11:32 CET

Me too.

Damien.T 
Joined in July 2014
Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:34 CET

Me too !!!! :(

Alberto U. 

Joined in August 2009
Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:05 CET

Not a single reply from a staff member? An opinion? At least someone telling me I am wrong? I rest my case.

rgds,

Alberto

Girish B
Joined in August 2012
Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:23 CET

Agree Alberto.. Photo submissions are passing under a microscope these days.

David Pauritsch

Joined in February 2013
Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:51 CET

I quote a former AAP user:

"They were taking as little as five seconds to screen pictures and

making a lot of hasty and inaccurate mistakes."

"That's the problem with these databases and specifically the screeners

they make good competent photographers feel inferior and then when one

tries to point out that the site has faults you then are marked as a

trouble maker."

"The real bottom line is, a photographer does not need these databases

but the databases need photographers or they would be nothing."

"It was a website that promised to be different, but ended up beeing the same."

This post has been edited by David Pauritsch on 21st February 2015 - 10:51

Alberto U. 

Joined in August 2009
Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:38 CET

I'm glad that my feelings are shared by others too, it proves I'm not that crazy lol.

David, that last two quotes especially are spot on!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1476 (38 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.