Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Incorrect exposure - too dark.

Incorrect exposure - too dark.

Dmitry Karpezo 

Joined in January 2015
Posted 7 March 2015 - 14:40 CET

Hi,

I am not complaining, this is just a question.

Don't you think that "Incorrect exposure - too dark" should not be used on a site like this.

If a plane taken when it's dark -- it should be dark on a photo.

This rule does not work on a.net, I know, but ap.net has "Think different ethos", isn't it?

I respect screeners' job (i have been a screener for a while on another site), so no offense here, just a question.

Thank you,

This post has been edited by Dmitry Karpezo on 7th March 2015 - 14:44

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 8 March 2015 - 10:05 CET

That's a pretty difficult question ... without any example.

Of course if you take a picture in the dark, it won't be lit as if it was taken during a sunny day.

On the other hand, if the plane is not visible, It's understandable that the screeners reject it.

I had some pictures rejected for "incorrectly lit" reasons, for some I agreed, for others not as they were taken in sometimes "strange weather" conditions and my opinion is (but I am not a screener and it's only a purely personal opinion) is that when the weather is grey or dull the picture could not be anything else than grey or dull as you cannot reproduce anything else than what your eyes have seen but once again, without a picture it's rather tricky to give any opinion.

Sam.

norber 
Joined in December 2011
Posted 9 March 2015 - 13:30 CET

I think that some times there's a problem between in how the author sees the picture and how the screener would like to be the picture. I've send some pictures with an histogram correctly exposed, according to it, but they were rejected by dark because some areas are dark... Could I elevated the light in dark areas in the postprocess? Sure, but surely after that I could have a problem with noise, so maybe I prefered let the area dark than struggling with the noise, but that reason the screener don't know, so I left the picture to another site or for personal.

The photography is an art very subjetive, so long time ago I stopped worrying about rejections or admintances, if the picture pass, ok, if not, it is ok too. I respect the screener job, its difficult although some times I don't agree with their veredicts.

This post has been edited by norber on 9th March 2015 - 13:31

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1492 (32 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.