Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Worth an upload?

Worth an upload?

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 8 January 2016 - 22:24 CET

Hello everyone, glad to be a new member of this site!

I am still figuring out the screening on this site, I have found images I thought to be among my best rejected, and other images accepted. As much as I love the challenge this presents me with as a photographer, and the learning process (thank you screeners for your comments!) I figured I'd ask here before uploading this shot. What do you all think?

Cheers,

Adam

Attached photos:

Oliver Louis

Joined in January 2015
Posted 8 January 2016 - 23:56 CET

Hi Adam, nice to see you on AP :-)

I can understand what you say, sometimes the best pictures (for us) get rejected. Not because the picture is bad, but rather because of the screeners decision. Did you try to upload the Air Canada 787 with the sun reflecting on the wet wings? I really like this one!

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 9 January 2016 - 00:52 CET

Olivier, for you, will do! Lets hope it makes the cut :p

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 9 January 2016 - 16:03 CET

"Still figuring out the screening on this site"...... best of luck man ;) Don't try too hard, sometimes screeners decisions are frustrating, annoying or even disgusting when they upload pics with those mistakes they used to reject one of your pics.

About the pic you attached, it worths a try, but in my opinion it is a bit oversharpened, you can see some jaggies around titles, wing edges and some other areas. I would rework the image trying to avoid that issue and it should be accepted.

Cheers.

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 9 January 2016 - 16:53 CET

Thanks Manuel, will make those changes!

Igor Kmet 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 24 January 2016 - 14:31 CET

Adam, in my opion is oversharped as Manuel explained. Concerning halo efect see this very helpful video from Angelo Bufalino : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hOXwtV8io. Igor

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1373 (11 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.