Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Need help with the editing

Need help with the editing

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 14 January 2016 - 18:46 CET

Hi, I´d like to try to upload this image but I need help with the editing because it does not meet the acceptance requirements in my opinion.

I´ve already made some post-production and I don´t know whether something more could be done or the image never met the requirements to be accepted and then it has to be discarded.

Thanks all

Attached photos:

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:23 CET

Great shot!

I would add some clarity/contrast to the shot to make the aircraft stand out a little bit more. (De-Haze could work as well, though this isn't available in Lightroom 6 if I am correct). I would also turn down the highlights slightly to help the nose area come back, it is a little overexposed. Finally, I would darken the blacks a little, make the tires pop out a bit more.

Hope that helps! I am by no means a pro at this, I am new on this site as well, but in my experience with the screeners and editing shots before joining this website, those would be my steps.

Hope that helped!

Adam

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:36 CET

Thank you Adam for your advices, I'm new too on this site and I don't have a lot of experience with PP softwere when the things are not easy but now I can try to improve the quality of the shot.

Andrea

martynboyd 
Joined in January 2016
Posted 1 February 2016 - 12:20 CET

Hi Andrea, I largely agree with Adam. Can I ask if you shoot your photo's in RAW or Jpeg? I have many years experience in photo editing and have produced shots like this myself that need some careful post-production!

If you like, I am happy for you to send me a copy of your photo file and I will edit it how I think it looks best (within the limitations of the photo file) and send it back to you. If you agree, I will then be happy to explain in detail what I did and how you can do it.

I promise to respect your ownership of the photo and I'd like to help you.

Cheers

Martyn

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1528 (19 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.