Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » Photos skipped in queue

Photos skipped in queue

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 23 January 2016 - 16:33 CET

Hey everyone,

I noticed recently that 2 of my photos were seemingly skipped over in the queue. I uploaded them on Tuesday, and they still have yet to enter screening. I checked their photo ID's and the photo ID's of recently uploaded shots, and found that the ID's on my shots in the queue were much smaller, current uploads re in the 659xxx range, and my photos are in the early 658xxx range. Any ideas what might have occurred?

Thanks, happy spotting :)

Adam

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 23 January 2016 - 16:42 CET

Hi Adam,

not sure what was this exact case, but in general only news photos have priority.

All other photos wait in the first queue and they are screened on the basis of first come first served. The Screeners can skip a photo - these are processed by other Screeners - also first come first served.

Second Screening had exactly the same rules as the first queue, but the photo can be screened only by Screener that hasn't screened it in the first screening.

It might sound complicated, but the photo allocation algorithm has been working fine for many years.

Thomas Ranner 

Joined in September 2014
Posted 23 January 2016 - 21:41 CET

Hey Adam,

Maybe you have looked on pictures uploaded by Full Members, they have no screening so their ID's are higher than the ID's of pictures uploaded by normal members.

Best Regards

Thomas

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1635 (32 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.