Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Photos with rain

Photos with rain

Eden Briand 

Joined in September 2012
Posted 25 January 2016 - 21:10 CET

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how does the screening work regarding shots taken during rainy days.

The rain (between me and the aircraft) appear as small white dots which make the images look noisy (even though it is strictly rain- I shot at ISO 100/200).

How do the screeners treat this kind of images ?

An example has been attached.

Thanks,

Eden.

Attached photos:

Oscar Lammers Photography 

Joined in July 2014
Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:51 CET

My shot is a heavy hailstorm was accepted :-)

Attached photos:

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 26 January 2016 - 20:32 CET

I think you should absolutely mention this information to the screeners so that they do not reject the picture for digital noise.

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 27 January 2016 - 19:49 CET

We will always take rain into consideration when screening photos as an element to evaluate. Rain doesn't mean that the photo will be rejected. In the case above the aircraft fuselage isn't completely in focus, most likely due to auto focus bouncing around. One piece of advice is to ALWAYS shoot in single point focus mode, especially with a moving plane. This will allow you to better tell the camera what your main object really is. Multiple point focus will allow the sensor to pick up anything of contrast that enters the sensor reading, many times background or foreground objects.

There are no textbook answers to all questions hence why we evaluate every photo on its own merits.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1737 (19 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.