Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » High contrast...feel free to comment ;)

High contrast...feel free to comment ;)

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:46 CET

I was trying to compose my image in a different way, so i applied a low key contrast to get a darker picture.

After first screeners review and follow their tips, I re-edited and re-upoloaded the image again, but now much brighter in a high key contrast pass....then, was refused again

What do you really think about both, low or high key contrast pics?...do they deserve being out? Feel free to post your opinions.

Thank you for your comments and sorry about my english ;)

Attached photos:

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:58 CET

Can you tell us why they rejected the pictures? In my opinion, both pics could be in the database.

Saludos.

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 26 January 2016 - 21:06 CET

Hola manuel ;)

First attemp was the darker image, and this is what screeners said (names are omitted):

XXXXXXX - 20.1.2016, 21:46:07 CET

Second opinion. Colour banding visible in the left and right top corner. Moderate halo around the tail fin to the left. IMO the exposure needs to increased, that might also solve the banding.

XXXXXXX - 21.1.2016, 18:55:13 CET

I agree with first screener. Nice shot ! Please fix it and re-upload.

I agreed with halo around tail and re-edited and increase exposure too. So with the original intention i changed low key to a high key contrast.

Then, second screeners review was this:

XXXXXXXX - 25.1.2016, 20:06:05 CET

Over contrasted.

XXXXXXXX - 25.1.2016, 23:30:37 CET

Contrast is too harsh. The shadows have been completely wiped out

I know is over contrasted, but i explained screeners that was my intention, create a high contrasted image. I know that kind of picture is not appropiate for database, so i decided to upload into composite where i though this kind of post-processing could match.

Anyway, picture was rejected twice so only wanted to know what do you think about it...Maybe it´s my fault not expressing my right intentions about post-processing

Thank you again for your feedback and sorry about my english ;)

Marius Bekker 

Joined in February 2012
Posted 26 January 2016 - 22:43 CET

Hola Jose

Remember the Appeal option. If you feel strongly about the quality of your picture, especially your second one where you made the improvements suggested by the screener(s), then use the Appeal option. Senior Admin who handles Appeals will see what the screeners mentioned and he will see the improvements you made. All of the comments will be considered in the Appeal.

The improvements you made is very visible and clear for anyone to see.

And by the way, your English is very good, no need to apologise.

Saludos

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 26 January 2016 - 23:31 CET

Thank you for your words Marius!

I answered screeners and that's what i've said:

Jose Bejarano - 25.1.2016, 22:44:44 CET

That's what i wanted...a high key contrasted image and that's why i choose composite and not main database.Anyway i respect screeners opinions. Thanks for your comments

All screeners were different, and maybe they didn't know the changes after reediting and my intentions on compositing in post-production.

I really appreciate your comments and feedback!

Thanks again.

JPC van Heijst 

Joined in October 2007
Posted 27 January 2016 - 19:02 CET

I think both are great edits and very creative.

Shame some screeners reject it because of the contrast, where is the room for creativity if this is a reason for rejection?

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:32 CET

Thank you JPC!!!

I appealed two days ago and waiting for the result...I accepted all of my rejected images but this one is the first image i appeal. After your opinions i´m a little bit more convinced this pic could be in database.

Thank you all for your comments!!!

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:20 CET

Both pics (works) look great IMO. But unfortunately some screeners do not watch pictures and art but histograms only. If that's the only right way to stare at histograms the world would never had historic and iconic photo masterpieces since invention of the film. Just imagine any of these yours two pics published in a magazine - it would be breathtaking. Better yet, check all the pics from the very beginning of AP and all other similar pages - no contrasts, highlights,...90% of them would be rejected today. Since 85% of us "cheat" in NIK the demands to be accepted got higher but not necessarily correct. (put aside dust spots, bending, halos)

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 6 February 2016 - 08:17 CET

After reediting, finally it's up at A-P ;)

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/665794/f-gstc-airbus-industrie-airbus-a300-beluga/

Thanks mates!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1564 (34 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.