Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Digital Noise / JPEG Compression Visible

Digital Noise / JPEG Compression Visible

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:44 CET

I've had four photographs rejected all at the same time and pretty much all for the same reason. (I can barely see what's wrong with one of them) I'm not exactly sure why because I've been using the same process flow for months now and this problem did not show up. Also, when I look at the rejected photos, it is not immediately clear for me to see where these faults are. So I'm asking for help in trying to identify them. Here are the rejected photos:

=========================

1. Window shot

First screener: 9.2.2016, 22:53:49 CET

Second opinion. Digital noise is visible. Incorrect exposure - too dark.

Second screener: 10.2.2016, 06:41:28 CET

I agree with first screener.

2. Apron shot

First screener: 9.2.2016, 22:39:14 CET

Digital noise is visible.

Second screener: 10.2.2016, 06:40:27 CET

out of focus

3. Dreamliner shot

First Screener: 9.2.2016, 22:38:50 CET

Second opinion.

Second Screener: 9.2.2016, 22:40:03 CET

JPG compression is visible

Please send me your comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attached photos:

Jakub Nanowski 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 10 February 2016 - 17:55 CET

I agree with the reasons. Try applying Equalize adjustment in Photoshop and you will clearly see the digital noise on first two photos. Dreamliner shot is unfortunately completely compressed and it's visible without equalizing it :( I have no reason why, 'cause I have no details about the process. Keep in mind, that the JPG compression increases every time you save the image - so the best quality you will receive after the first save of processed photo. The next save will compress previously compressed photo and so on...

MICHEL Charron 

Joined in February 2014
Posted 11 February 2016 - 00:08 CET

Same problem with an original photo taken in "JPEG". "RAW"the best for post processing.

Attached photos:

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 11 February 2016 - 00:49 CET

Jakub: many thanks for taking the time to look through a fresh pair of eyes and your valuable input. I will keep those pointers in mind.

Michel: I shoot in RAW.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1600 (32 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.