Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Sky shots rejections & acceptance ratio

Sky shots rejections & acceptance ratio

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:03 CET

IMO, rejected images for „requirements are higher for sky shots“ reasons SHOULD NOT be included into members acceptance ratio. There is sky shot guidance on the page and yet plenty of sky shots pass although they are not in accordance with it. Some don't pass because at the end, sky shots are all about screeners discretion as well as eye catchers. Considering that, and this rejection is not treated as technical mistake why have it evaluated into ratio to get it lowered? Doesn't make any sense. I think it should be included only if it is published.

Anybody agrees with me?

AlphaMike 
Joined in December 2015
Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:45 CET

"You pays your money and you takes your choice." Or to put it another way - everyone should be aware that sky shots are a risk, and anyone who is chasing or trying to improve their acceptance ratio might be wise to consider whether they are ones worth taking. Personally, I wouldn't upload any sky shots at all if I was worried about my acceptance ratio, unless I was very sure they fit within the rules. Get past the obstacle first (70%), then you will have freedom to break the rules.

AlphaMike

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 17 February 2016 - 13:02 CET

Not quite AlphaMike,...I upload only sky shots that I believe that are good enough to be published and intersting for the members to see. I'll take my example...have 3 planes landing photographed in 5 minutes, same spot, same conditions, same edit (almost) and one gets rejected for sky-shot reason. How would you call that? And yes, I am way over 70% ("only" 1 EC away to become FM) but I don't have any freedom to break any rule, at least I don't see it....

AlphaMike 
Joined in December 2015
Posted 17 February 2016 - 13:39 CET

If your acceptance ratio is well above 70%, why are you raising acceptance ratio as a problem then - what does it matter, to you? Its acceptance ration you put in the subject line.

By all means go ahead and ask about lack of consistency - your second post seems to imply that is more of a problem to you than the impact on acceptance ratio.

Even so, everyone knows sky shots are a risk, a crap shoot if you like. Personally I think there's been one or two very dubious sky shots appear in the last couple of days, but the rules are they're added as a result of screener discretion (and full member abuse).

Long and the short of it is the same - with sky shots, if you're not prepared to take the hit don't upload them in the first place.

Darryl Morrell 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 17 February 2016 - 21:56 CET

Spot on Andy

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 17 February 2016 - 22:27 CET

Agreed, I only ever upload sky shots if there is a great contrasting sky or they are newsworthy. AM is right, pays your money, take your chance!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1417 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.