Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Mutual admiration societies

Mutual admiration societies

AlphaMike 
Joined in December 2015
Posted 24 February 2016 - 21:26 CET

So you see a picture that's recently been added to the database, and it's got a number of likes. Strange thing is, it's a fairly mundane picture, nothing special, and yet it really has got quite a few likes (and views). More than you expected really; a higher number than some of the more appealing pictures in fact. Ok, it takes all sorts... Interesting thing is, the folks who have liked the image are listed. So you get to wondering - if they like that mundane picture, what sort of pics do they take for themselves? And so you go look at their pictures too, out of curiosity. When you do that, you find their pictures are liked by the guy that took the original mundane picture. And a few other photographers. Some of the names crop in both lists. So you look at more pictures from photographers who liked the original picture. The more you look, the more you find the same names are there again. Often the same names and no others, no matter what the picture. They like his, he likes theirs - he likes theirs, they like his - time after time. Funny old world, isn't it...?

Nothing really wrong, just pals sticking up for each other I suppose. I must have had too much time on my hands today!!!

AlphaMike

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 24 February 2016 - 22:34 CET

You know yourself Andy that we all have our friends in this hobby, I know I have ten/fifteen close mates and we always look out for each other on AP and try to help with editing hints etc.

Your right AM, just friends looking out for each other and helping each other along!

Matt

Angelo Bufalino 

Joined in May 2011
Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:45 CET

Just so we don't add a "dislike" button...otherwise my ex-wife will join and just keep clicking it on my photos:) jk

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:08 CET

Yep my Ex Wife's will be queuing up as well as a good few on here (LOL)!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1220 (39 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.