Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Worth an upload?

Worth an upload?

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 2 March 2016 - 17:34 CET

Hi all. I have some questions considering my pic. Do you think it is worth uploading? If not, could you please tell me what is wrong and what should I do to make it better? I would appreciate any tips. I took this photo with a standard point&shoot camera so I'm aware of the fact that I will not do miracles with the pic, but well... I do what I can ;) I'm editing with Adobe Lightroom 5.6 and Google NIK Collection. Thanks in advance.

Attached photos:

AlphaMike 
Joined in December 2015
Posted 2 March 2016 - 17:52 CET

I am not on a good monitor at present so I cannot review it for quality, so only doing this for aesthetics. Personally I like it mostly, but I would not have chopped off half of the nose wheels - if the rest of the nose wheels are in the original, crop it a little lower or increase the depth/height of the image. Sadly the half nose wheels would make it a no for me if they are not in the original (personal opinion). I would also clone out the two cones, but you should only do that if you are confident enough to do it without it being noticeable.

AlphaMike

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 2 March 2016 - 17:58 CET

Unfortunately, the nose wheel was cropped in the original too because I was more focused on having that little Raytheon "landing" right on the wing. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it overall.

KevinR 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 2 March 2016 - 21:04 CET

I'm having the same issue you have with this picture, but there are 2 things that i can see.

1.) A Lot of noise in the photo, maybe because of to much Tonal contrast ?

2.) Miss a bit of sharpness / sharpening.

I like the angle and little private jet above the wing, but i think it will get refused

Good luck ;-).

Jens Nannen 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 2 March 2016 - 22:34 CET

it will be rejected 100% (IMHO), sorry.

- very noisy

- cut nosewheel

I like the idea with the bizzer above the wing, but above mentioned point will almost certainly lead to rejection.

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 2 March 2016 - 22:52 CET

Thanks for the answers. The wheel it's a shame indeed. Maybe some day somehow I'll recreate the pic in a proper way :D

I can't do much with the noise too. The camera itself makes really noisy pics. After adding some postprocessing it's almost impossible to get rid of that without losing sharpness. Looks like it's time to switch to a DSLR :)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1606 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.