Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Requirements higher? What do you think?

Requirements higher? What do you think?

ZuluRR 

Joined in July 2014
Posted 9 April 2016 - 10:45 CET

Picture was rejected because requirements for skyshots are higher. What do you think? I saw plenty of not that good skyshots in this database and have no idea whats wrong.

Attached photos:

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 9 April 2016 - 12:41 CET

It is indeed a beautiful photo. IMHO I can see some flaws like: jaggies between the right wing and flap; a white line under the wings and flaps and finally a dark halo around wheels (the last two are easier to see in: image - adjustments - equalize. I think it is possible to fix these issues and after that I would try a 2nd upload. Best regards.

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 9 April 2016 - 13:00 CET

Nice shot Alexander. However, I did notice the problems Ricardo pointed out, particularly the halos around the wheels. Uploading a skyshot is a real lottery unfortunately, as acceptance is entirely at the screeners discretion however technically excellent the shot is. I have given up uploading skyshots having had many perfectly good photos rejected (a few have been accepted on appeal). Air show or newsworthy shots are still ok along with a few other motives mentioned in the skyshots guidance rules.

By the way this is not a dig at the screeners, it's just the way it is!

Jakub Nanowski 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 9 April 2016 - 14:50 CET

That would be much better if you crop the image to be a little bit more tight :)

ZuluRR 

Joined in July 2014
Posted 9 April 2016 - 15:32 CET

Thx a lot guys :)

Paweł Glink 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:20 CET

I have same angle of the same machine in my gallery :) But I did litlle more crop and 16:9 and in result I had less place for sky ;) Try to crop in 16:9.

Andre Nordheim 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:33 CET

Alexander, it's a nice shot. Send the original to me and I'll take it through the process for you. The light is great. Sanordheim@gmail.com

ZuluRR 

Joined in July 2014
Posted 25 April 2016 - 20:01 CET

@ Andre Nordheim

I´ve sent the email ^^

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1548 (29 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.