Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Noise in low-light panning

Noise in low-light panning

Jacob Brownlee 
Joined in March 2015
Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:19 CET

Hi everyone,

I have some low light panning pictures and I am going to shoot some more this coming week. My question is, what is the best way to get rid of the noise in these pictures? I'm shooting anywhere in the range from ISO 2000-5000 in low light with my Nikon D7100. For editing, I use LR, PS, and Nik.

Thomas Ranner 

Joined in September 2014
Posted 18 May 2016 - 15:06 CET

Hi Jacob,

At first it is (obviously) very important to keep the ISOs as low as possible, when shooting after sunset and there is still some light left try to keep the ISOs below 1000, and at night (at least for my camera) ISO 2000 is the maximum, but that depends on the camera you are using...

To get rid of the noise I use Nik Dfine and when this is not enough I also put on some luminancy in the Camera Raw Filter. But you have to be careful that you are not using to much detail with these filters. And if you want to upload the pictures here do it with 1024px except you have a really really good panning...

Hope that this helps...

Thomas

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1439 (18 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.