Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Non-aviation » Photo Request Usage

Photo Request Usage

Martin Kulcsar 

Joined in February 2016
Posted 1 June 2016 - 15:07 CET

I have received a request for the usage of one of my photos just this morning. It is for a digital educational presentation, so what would I have to do? Do I email them the hi res image? And how would the payment transaction take place? Thanks, all comments are helpful :)

Jose Bejarano 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 1 June 2016 - 21:09 CET

What i would do...

-send an email with your considered price for that image based on buyer use of it

-if buyer agrees, then send a small contract defining use permited for that picture and payment details

-send image (i usually do after i check money is in my account)

Hope it helps and sorry about my english

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 2 June 2016 - 12:04 CET

If it happens to me I'd try to be sure that the image would only be used for educational purposes in a slide presentation, and this way I would not sell it; I would give it permission to be used for free instead. For slides there is no need for a hi-res photo, so you could send the same picture you've uploaded just without the watermark. But I'd add a small watermark with my onw name, just to preserve the credits for the author. I tell you this because photography for me is a hobby, so I respect different considerations from other fellow spotters who have photography as a profession. If the purpose is to publish it, even in an educational book, I would set a price for it. Good luck!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1618 (22 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.