Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Screeners don\\'t know their own guidance?! General questions about sky shots...

Screeners don\\'t know their own guidance?! General questions about sky shots...

spotteralex 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 18 August 2016 - 23:56 CET

Hello,

I had the attached image rejected bei three different screeners with the request to check out the skyshot guidance. So I did that, and what did I find there?

"Acceptable

Sky shots will be rejected unless they have some added value, for example:

Dusk/Dawn, cloud formation, interesting atmospheric conditions

Airshow, newsworthy or rare

Air to air, aircraft in banking angle"

I ticked the news box and wrote that it is a rare visit to HAM (which it is) but anyway no one seems to care about this... There were several sky shots accepted in the last days because of newsworthiness (e.g. [Link Removed]) so by which reason mine was not?

Another point that bothers me which I want to mention is the fact that quite "interesting" sky shots are often being rejected. Even if mine was not newsworthy, imo it still is acceptable due to the beautiful light. Meanwhile absolutely boring 90 degrees skyshots like this one - [Link Removed] (no offense to the photographer - your photos are great!) are accepted as long as in the bottom of a picture there are seen some treetops... This is not what I understand by creative aviation photography.

What do you think about this and why do the screeners not know their own guidance?

Looking forward to your answers and with best regards,

spotteralex

This post has been edited by Michael Carbery on 19th August 2016 - 01:12

Attached photos:

Jan Jasinski 

Joined in November 2010
Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:40 CET

As nice as the light is, the photo itself is a bit dark and since it's a side on photo with nothing in the sky this is why the screeners do not want to accept it. Personally I think it would be a good addition instead of many other daytime photos accepted that are simply boring.

The photo is soft however, especially the nose section.

spotteralex 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:35 CET

Thank you for your opinion.

I was just wondering why the screeners don't want to accept it even though it is newsworthy? It's clearly written in the skyshot guidance that newsworthy skyshots can be accepted. The rest was just personal thoughts of mine.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1459 (30 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.