Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Not newsworthy

Not newsworthy

Sebastian Jansik 

Joined in January 2010
Posted 1 September 2016 - 14:34 CET

Hi guys,

I have a little question.

Eight months ago an Condor A321 was hit by an light tower at Berlin-SXF.

Photo: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/639523/d-aiaf-condor-airbus-a321/

Yesterday it had it´s first flight after extensive maintenance work and as you can see the aircraft

was heavy damaged. I uploaded a photo of it but it got a reject for "not newsworthy".

My photo from yesterday: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-8/772646.jpg

Do you really think it´s not newsworthy when an aircraft got it´s way back to the sky after such a kind of damage?

Should I appeal this photo? If you ask me it´s unique.

Thank you for your feedback and Regards,

Sebastian

spotteralex 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 1 September 2016 - 15:14 CET

IMHO it certainly is... But the screeners decisions on newsworthiness often are strange here.

Rutger Smulders 

Joined in February 2014
Posted 2 September 2016 - 16:51 CET

following the guide the picture is only newsworthy within 7 days after the event, after that it should be uploaded in the regular queue. that it is repaired now is not really newsworthy imo, because the accident was the news and that it's now repaired is nice but not really big news. hopefully you understand that ;) but you got a very rare and special shot, thats for sure! :)

Sebastian Jansik 

Joined in January 2010
Posted 2 September 2016 - 17:06 CET

Hi guys,

thank for your answers!

I can understand that it will be newsworthy within 7 days, but I am not really sure if the rare repair work maybe isn´t also newsworthy.

But you are right, I am happy about the shot and thats the most important thing. :-)

Regards,

Sebastian

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1344 (39 members)
© 2006-2017 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.