Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Contrast halos

Contrast halos

Ahmed Hashem 
Joined in January 2013
Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:10 CET

Good morning

My photo get rejected for this reasons (Requirements are higher for sky shot. Please check our sky shots guidance: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/sky-shots.php Dust spot(s)/speck(s) visible. Contrast halos.).

I tried to fix Dust spot but i dont understand (Contrast halos and how to fix it).

I wish if any one could help me.

I attached two photos for the rejected and fixed (from Dust spots only)

Attached photos:

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:37 CET

Hi Ahmed,

Yes, mentioned halos are visible around the wings but I'd say it's marginal...IMO the major problem is digital noise due to raising shadows or exposure but the bottom line is AP sky shot requirement. Not sure if will pass even without halos and noise.

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 11 October 2016 - 13:46 CET

Hi,

Generally speaking, the halos around the wings/fuselage are mainly caused by the use of shadow/highlight in post-production, sometimes I have the same issue but this can be fixed with the correct use of the "curves".

To fix the problem you can find some editing guide and video.

Finally, as already stated by Boytronic, the sky shot requirements are really high and I think that you could get a rejection even whether you fix the halo around the wings.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1501 (16 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.