Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Color cast rejection

Color cast rejection

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 22 October 2016 - 20:24 CET

Hi,

I got a rejection due to color cast but I do not know whether it worth an appeal because I do not see the color cast and if I try to fix the colour the image became innatural. Could the light and the cloudy sky have played a role in the color cast which led to the rejection?

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-10/795866.jpg

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 24 October 2016 - 14:31 CET

Hi Andrea.

Did the screener say what type of colour cast? Your shot doesn't look too bad to me but there is a slight blue/cyan cast on my screen. You could try warming the shot up slightly in your raw converter using the temperature slider or I find the auto colour correction tool in Photoshop works quite well. Do this on a layer and if the correction looks too strong you can lower the opacity until it looks OK.

Hope this helps!

Andrea Balbin 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 24 October 2016 - 21:59 CET

Hi Richard,

no the screeners did not give any indication about the type of colour cast. Thanks for your advices I´ll try with a layer and "playing" with the opacity.

Valentin Chesneau--Daumas 

Joined in June 2014
Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:07 CET

Hi,

Your image is too green - cyan.

Cheers

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1226 (42 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.