Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » re-consider full members once a year?

re-consider full members once a year?

Roar
Joined in January 2016
Posted 4 November 2016 - 20:05 CET

Just a quick question.

Why are not the full members pictures considered maybe once a year, to see if they are still delivering great pictures? Just asking since there are alot of bad picture out there now, and offcourse most off them are from full members since everybody else need screening. I see alot of grainy skies, blurry and not sharp airplanes, skyphotos with just a normal plane, no clouds or nothing.

Paul K Ferry
Joined in August 2014
Posted 4 November 2016 - 21:36 CET

I quite agree

I have 300 plus photos and no eye catchers ,i think it is a disgrace that full members with 3 eye catchers get away with uploading rubbish

dagenhamdave
Joined in October 2016
Posted 4 November 2016 - 22:08 CET

the subject around full members and the photo they post has been raised on here many times before and every time it is the same out come, NOTHING!!!!! Nothing is done and the forum post will be deleted and things will carry on exactly as they do now. No amount of posting about the subject will do any good. It been tried

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 4 November 2016 - 23:37 CET

I gotta say something on this topic as a FM.

First of all we've all been there with the questions you ask now. Nothing new. This topic goes periodically every few months…

As I said in some forum topic month ago…EC isn't Holy Grail and it doesn't make you less worthy photographer than us FM's.

Will I agree that some FM's upload technically bad photos? Yes! But senior admins and editors are here to decide how and when and why. This is private web page so except the rules or sign out.

@Roar…I follow your works and you have plenty of beautiful pics but as Yoda said in Empire strikes back; „you must learn patience“…

Boytronic

Roar
Joined in January 2016
Posted 5 November 2016 - 12:31 CET

I have no problem with not being a full member, I dont always agree with some of the photos that the screeners discard, but hey, it makes my pictures that goes through that much better. Maybe the admins atleast should go through some off the photos that are uploaded by FMs and maybe have some balls and give them a feedback when they find pictures that are rubbish and also delete them!

Pictures with only a airplane in the skies and nothing extraordinary else in the picture are mostly uploaded by FMs, but somehow they get a shitload of likes and views nonetheless.

Roar
Joined in January 2016
Posted 5 November 2016 - 12:32 CET

thanks for the kind words @boytronic! Im learning something new everyday :)

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 6 November 2016 - 00:04 CET

Can I just say as a FM its a privilege that is earnt and I'm sure most photographers overtime will get the status, but it isn't the be all and end all.

As an FM I have had pictures pulled up by the admins and senior editors, I have had photos deleted, so don't think that just because we are FM's we get away with anything, its far from the truth, if anything we come under tougher scrutiny to uphold the standard. Yes it hurts when you have a photo rejected or like us FM's get...deleted (Which is even worse).

But as Boytronic has eluded to, the EC isn't the Holy Grail, the Holy Grail is the freedom to take the photos and having time with friends, learning and enjoying this great passion.

Matt

P.S Roar you take great shots!

dagenhamdave
Joined in October 2016
Posted 6 November 2016 - 13:07 CET

We only have your word that you have images pulled by the admin as it is clearly not always the case judging by the amount of "sky shots", soft and other factors that would have been rejected if the image had been screened. So the idea that FM face tougher scrunity certainly does not carry much merit!

This is always going to be a taboo subject and cause much frustration between the various levels of users of this site. However it could be much more painful for some if it was a paid subscription and then you had you image rejected!!!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1133 (12 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.