Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Any help !!

Any help !!

Youssef Âaziz 

Joined in April 2016
Posted 9 November 2016 - 15:02 CET

Hi,

The picture in the link below was rejected for "Second opinion. Main object is improperly lit. Main object is not sharp.

" !!

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-11/804097.jpg

Can you help me with it !!

Greetings

Âaziz

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 9 November 2016 - 17:55 CET

Is backlit, and stairs is bad cutt in my opinion. Other side is good for take a photo with this jet.

Youssef Âaziz 

Joined in April 2016
Posted 10 November 2016 - 17:17 CET

From all this, I want to know what "backlit" means and whether I should make the blacks more black to fix it or what ?

Daniel, I appreciate your help, I know that, I don't shoot "Auto" at all, The picture was taken with "Aperture Priority", I'm going some times to "Manuel Mode". I'm new with photoshop, and I'm looking for tips to fix that.

As for the shot in question, I was new to DSLRs world and I forgot the night before the compensation at +0.7/0.3 & didn't realise what "compensation" is meant for. However, I need to practice more; I'm far away from airports.

Btw, in Morocco we have not big traffic like Amsterdam or Frankfurt..., moreover, spotting activity isn't regulated yet !!

Thanks for both of You !!

Greetings

Y.Âaziz

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 10 November 2016 - 20:11 CET

backlit means the suns lighting is behind the aircraft so the lighting is not on the side shown to the camera. Make sure the sun is behind you or at the vary least directly overhead to get the best lighting. Unless of course you are shooting one of the amazing sunset/sunrise photos this site is known for.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1306 (22 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.