Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Any tips !!

Any tips !!

Youssef Âaziz 

Joined in April 2016
Posted 25 November 2016 - 00:50 CET

Hi everyone !!

I have this photo (http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-11/812980.jpg) rejected for the following reasons:

Screener 1: Second opinion. Over-sharpened.

Screener 2: Incorrect exposure - too dark. Banding in the sky.

Before up-loading this picture, I had a bit of doubt about "over-sharpening" but not the other reasons.

Bandings - correct me if I'm wrong !- all I know about them, they are some kind of horizontal lines/big arcs in the sky. I guess seeing a bit of them now !!

The big problem for me, is undersdanding histogram, what's a bad histogram/exposure and what's acceptable.

Any help is welcome !!

Âaziz

Igor Kmet 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 25 November 2016 - 16:50 CET

Banding its better visualize in PS, Image, Adjustement, Equalize. You will see it in upper ( darker) part of the sky.

Bad exposure is seen when in PS, Image, Adjustemets, Levels cliking on left glider+ALT. You willl see a lot of clipped pixels ( without any information). Making the same on the right side you will see that some pixels are overexposed aswell.

IMHO dynamic range of your camera , direct midday sun and charcter of the object gives this result. Try to make pictures in golden hours to avoid this situation...

Youssef Âaziz 

Joined in April 2016
Posted 25 November 2016 - 17:28 CET

Thanks Igor a lot,

is the way explained by Angelo in this video with 2 points (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccx5Gcv3rc) is the best to adjust exposure ??

Âaziz

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1253 (23 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.