Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Rejected...three photos by the same people with the same reasons...with nonsense

Rejected...three photos by the same people with the same reasons...with nonsense

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:08 CET

I have rejeted by two the same screeners, all photo were rejected due to the same reasons - too dark / Grainy sky. There are OK. All three photos.

Attached photos:

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:08 CET

Attached photos:

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:09 CET

Attached photos:

Elias hadjari 

Joined in November 2013
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:12 CET

I agree with you, they are OK. Strange that they got rejected.

- Elias

Igor Kmet 

Joined in September 2013
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:31 CET

Look at histogram. They are too dark. Changing Levels from 255 to 235 and central from 1,00 to 1,20 you get something better like this. Simmlar approuch is recommended for next 2 pcs.

Attached photos:

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 16:49 CET

It has too much light currently, i mean the aircraft has too much light

Dennis Janssen 

Joined in December 2013
Posted 13 April 2017 - 18:35 CET

Marcin, too be very honest.. I would agree with the screeners. You should check your histgram as well during your postprocessing.

Here's a post which is made earlier. Just take a look ;)

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/forum/2787/reading-your-histogram/

Anyway, your horizon on the 1st photo isn't right as well, just saying. Haha

Good luck!

Regards,

Dennis

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 20:12 CET

OK, i understand histogram and histogram. However, histogram can't be a thing which decides what photo is OK and isnt OK. Then ap.net could make a system which will reject photos with wrong histogram and....then screening will be faster and not like now, screeners screening photos and they rejecting photos due to histogram. We are human....

Marcin Chmielewski 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 20:17 CET

The histogram is a reference, not a determinant. Human eye is on finish which decides...

Jan Jasinski 

Joined in November 2010
Posted 13 April 2017 - 21:12 CET

Hey Marcin,

I agree the first photo is too dark and needs contrast. The other two could pass with brightness, but again, need contrast.

As for the histogram, I never use that tool. I refer to my eyes only and it's been working for me for years. Some may like to refer to it, but in my case it means nothing and ultimately what I see is what I get.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 13 April 2017 - 23:14 CET

I see both the Embraer and the 787 as dark, while the 737 I would consider good to go, but it is only one more opinion.

But, just in case, couldn't your monitor not be properly calibrated, thus generating brighter images than they really are?

Hope everything runs smooth again with your pictures soon.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:28 CET

Hi Marcin,

generally I think two of these three photos are too dark, only 737 is okay, but imho it's also a little bit underexposed (I mean if it was my photo, I would make it slightly brighter). The shadows (and their strong borders) on your photos point that the shots were taken in sunny day, so you could feel free to make them brighter. Also there is some noise on the sky on your E175 photo (or maybe it's just an jpg compression).

As you wrote, we all (photographers and screeners) are humans, and our opinions can be different and subjective, and, for me, your claims are quite unreasonable.

I think also that it's a normal situation that the same people are screening your photos, when you're upolading a few photos at the same time.

And as we know each other as a friends from Warsaw, I can say you just should remember, that what it is all about, is fun, so keep calm and enjoy your passion.

Jon Ekman 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 15 April 2017 - 17:12 CET

May I ask, now that this is a website for creative avation photos, why pictures get rejected for being a tad too dark "because the histogram says so" when the image itself looks fine, only edited to have a bit darker shadows? I think the editors should look more at the image itself when it comes to being too dark. In most cases, not all of course. While stuff such as colors, noise and so on could be looked at from a more technical perspective.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:45 CET

Jon, of course it is a creative aviation photos site, and that's the problem. Marcin's photos aren't special in any way (nothing personal), trust me - I'm quite knowledgeable about Warsaw Chopin Airport and the pictures which can be made there. Marcin's photos are not bad, but also they don't require any effort, and they can be made almost everyday. And I think, that's why they were rejected. Because if your photos aren't special in some way, they should be at least good technically. But of course, it's only my opinion.. I'm not a screener.

PeterE 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:54 CET

I use a 4K monitor to edit at 100% resolution but return to a 1080 monitor for final.

4K is very forgiving. What looks great at 4K can look horrible on 1080. Having the extra resolution makes images look far far better than on 1080.

If you have a 4K monitor be aware of this.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1443 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.