Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » People behind planes at Aero Friedrichshafen fair - Rejection?

People behind planes at Aero Friedrichshafen fair - Rejection?

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:35 CET

I was at Aero Friedrichshafen fair last weekend, and in some photos there are visible and possibly identifiable people behind the photographed planes. I'm not referring to models posing in front of the planes, I'm referring to fairground visitors who happened to be near the photographed planes in the moment I took the photo. Will these photos be rejected?

Unfortunately I could visit the fair only on saturday, the busiest day, and it was difficult enough to take photos without people in front of the planes, let alone behind them...

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 14 April 2017 - 22:51 CET

You should be ok with most photos. Use discretion.

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 29 May 2017 - 13:17 CET

I realize I should have asked this BEFORE attempting some uploads... Is it allowed to blur faces in order to avoid "Recognizable faces" rejections?

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 29 May 2017 - 18:59 CET

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/902955/1504-poland-air-force-lockheed-c-130e-hercules/

Match this and you are OK lol

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 29 May 2017 - 22:22 CET

Thank you for your answer, Jetzguy! :)

However, I don't want to say "You accepted photo X, so you should accept mine too!", I'd only like to ask to screeners or other crew members if it's ok to blur people's faces :)

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 29 May 2017 - 23:39 CET

Generally in an airshow setting getting people in the shot is sometimes unavoidable but each photo will be screened on it's on merit. We will however generally reject an image if minors (children) are clearly recognisable.

As for blurring, this would be again more acceptable if it's a child that it's done on. However it would have to be subtle and not done in such a way as to draw attention to it.

Giorgio Varisco 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:24 CET

Thank you Michael!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1506 (7 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.