Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Lima (LIM/SPJC) Spotting Question

Lima (LIM/SPJC) Spotting Question

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 18 April 2017 - 19:39 CET

Hi guys,

This goes out to Lima, Peru spotters. I have a trip coming up and just wanted to get some tips on locations and best times for spotting at Jorge Chavez International Airport. I will probably have access to a car to get around to locations around the airport.

How is spotting viewed by local law enforcement?

Thanks in advance,

Shabbir

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 19 April 2017 - 00:32 CET

Hello,

Take a look at the following guide I wrote: layoverhub.net/spjcspotting

Note that the "construction work" spot is closed.

Planespotting isn't too well looked upon by authorities, but if you take some precautions you should be able to take pictures, at your own risk.

Regards,

José I. Soria

Shabbir A Bashar 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 19 April 2017 - 18:25 CET

Ola Jose,

The guide you wrote is tremendously helpful. I imagine LE in Peru is similar to what I encountered in Bhutan, Malaysia or Bangladesh: you get a mixture of the obnoxious types and those who will either leave you alone once they've sensed your vibe or even engage in awesome spotting conversation. But it's good to get your input. I will be with my Peruvian friend ... but will make efforts to reach out to the local spotters.

Thank you.

Shabbir

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1784 (24 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.