Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Digital noise and grainy sky??

Digital noise and grainy sky??

hecky 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:47 CET

Hello!

This photo has been rejected twice due to "Digital noise is visible. Grainy sky. Slightly unde-exposed."

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-4/891096.jpg

Opinions please...

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:42 CET

Sadly, I have to agree with the screener. It's a bit underexposed. You can just try Ctrl+shift+L in Photoshop and you will see the difference in terms of exposition and colours. Besides, jpeg compression is slightly visible in the sky, even without using the equalize mode. There is some digital noise only visible equalizing the image, but that's completely neglectable compared with the compression.

Hope it helps. Saludos.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 24 April 2017 - 22:01 CET

if you want to avoid jpg compression, try "save for web" option (in Photoshop) with the highest quality (maximum and 100%) and make sure that all three options (progressive, optimized and embed color profile) are unselected.

hecky 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 24 April 2017 - 22:06 CET

Thanks for the reply! It's a little bit difficult for me because this is my "first time" here, but in the next days I'll try to improve this :)

hecky 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 24 April 2017 - 22:07 CET

Thank you Karol I'll also try out your option!

PeterE 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 25 May 2017 - 14:10 CET

There are so many variables. Every monitor is different. Unless every screener is using the same monitor with the same settings every one will see something different and different to what we see when processing.

Processing on a 4K monitor is harder due to the extra pixel count. What looks soft on 1080 can be tack sharp on my monitor.

Very frustrating.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1608 (26 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.