Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » JPG compression ¡¡¡

JPG compression ¡¡¡

Ramon Jordi

Joined in November 2010
Posted 16 May 2017 - 13:25 CET

Hi friends, I have some rejections for JPG compression, JPG artifacts, etc. I am not able to see these defects using a powerful image equalization. The sky I do not edit except with Dfine. It could be the great pollution in the sky.???? You can tell me how to see these visible JPG artifacts. Thank you very much.

This photo has been rejected, among other reasons, by JPG compression.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-5/900918.jpg

Attached photos:

Vali Muresan 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:48 CET

Hola Ramon! The most often encountered recommendation found on this forum for your problem is to use "save for web" when saving your photo and all three options (progressive, optimized and embed color profile) are not selected. Also you should choose maximum quality.

Besides that, I would also add some other things that people forget. You should pay attention to noise reduction and sharpness steps:

- always apply noise reduction when the photo size is at it's max (for example 24MP). This will help because the photo will also lose some noise when you resize it to upload size (for example 1600 x ...px)

- always use sharpness as your last step before saving the final version of your photo.

- noise and JPEG compression is also generated by different processing options like clarify, too much contrast or different techniques used to enhance the drama effect of a photo.

There are other things that might generate unwanted noise and/or JPEG compression but the above are the main ones in my opinion.

Vali Muresan 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:51 CET

Forgot to mention, final steps in my photo processing are noise - resize - sharp. It works pretty well for me and thus the reason why I recommend it :)

Ramon Jordi

Joined in November 2010
Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:31 CET

Hi Vali, thanks for your answer. I save the photos as you say except "save as" no "save for web". I do not appreciate differences in one way or another. It could be an excess of contrast or clarify the shadows. I will continue to do tests. :-)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1550 (30 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.