Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Should everything count as news?

Should everything count as news?

Simeon Lüthi 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:30 CET

Lately I have seen entries in the news section that have been pretty questionable. It seems as if people desperately try to get onto the front page.

Are aircraft visits of "ordinary" A320s or 737s news? Also if a charter aircraft operates a certain route, is that news? That's what those planes are there for! (Also in Bergen apparently there are news every day :'-D)

In the world of aviation, there are so many changes and operational adjustments (especially in the low cost and charter business), that it seems like this shouldn't count as news anymore. I'd like to see more pictures of water salutes, ground events, state visits or rare aircraft in the news section... What about you?

Attached photos:

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 12 June 2017 - 14:36 CET

I agree!

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 12 June 2017 - 14:37 CET

Even though i did this too, some time ago.

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 12 June 2017 - 19:57 CET

Hi Simeon,

I think you moved on an interesting subject. As far as I know, most aviation galleries doesn't accept "rare visits" as a news, and our site is quite liberal in that matter, allowing to upload such photos, but "rarity" is a subject to Screener's discretion.

Almost every day our members upload "rare visit" (shortly - RV) photos and some of them are moved to normal queue by Screeners and the rest is listed in news catalog, and has big chances to be published on the main page. But only the most interesting ones are published.

You've attached three photos, so I'd like to refer to them somehow ;) the first one, Privilege 757, was accepted as a rare visit to Amsterdam. Check our database and you'll find out that we have only 3 photos of Privilege aircraft from Amsterdam (two 757's and one 777). Similar situation is with Travel 737 from Tenerife. Photo of Austrian A320 from Bergen is the only shot of Austrian aircraft we have from that airport, so definitely it's a rare visit, despite the fact it's, like you wrote "ordinary 737 or A320" ;)

Generally I agree with you, and I also in some way regret that there are many RV photos with ordinary aircraft uploaded as a news, but as long as they meet our news requirements, they have a chance to be on the main page.

Simeon Lüthi 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 12 June 2017 - 21:33 CET

Thanks Karol for the long answer! I see the point, but it seems as if it turns into a "rare visit" section more than news, also if I totally agree on the fact that they are rare! It just seems that it's quite natural for charters to be special but since so common, no news :)

Karol Trojanowski 

Senior admin
Joined in June 2016
Posted 12 June 2017 - 22:57 CET

You know, I can't delete for example 5 RV photos one day and publish one or two next to the shot of watersalute and one photo of a crash, just for "keeping variety" of the news. But I also understand your point of view, and what I can say is that I'll try to look deeper into each RV news individually ;) Nevertheless, there will be always more and less interesting news, no matter how we try to select them because what will be on the main page depends not only on me, but largely on members and their uploads.

IndianSpotter 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 13 June 2017 - 13:03 CET

Well said, Agreed with you!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1318 (8 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.