Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » i can\'t understand how to do a sharpen image, PLZ HELP ME!

i can\'t understand how to do a sharpen image, PLZ HELP ME!

Simone Catania 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 18 June 2017 - 16:17 CET

Hi all,

Some questions for you:

Wich f value do you use with your camera to do a sharpen image?

and then, since i watched some videos on youtube i can't still understand how to do a sharpen image??

now, i'm using Nick's collection but there are others tool to do this?

Thank you in advance !

Simone Catania

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 18 June 2017 - 16:53 CET

First of all I would recommend you to search and read some of the previous aviation photography posts available in this forum, I am sure you will find a lot of interesting stuff that will help you a lot, because many of us have already shared our doubts in order to understand our mistakes and improve our edition techniques.

Sharpening is not related only to f numbers, there are many other factors included. Of course if you do not set your camera properly to get a sharp image there is no editing software that will turn a blurry image into a sharp one. Surfing on the internet you will find tons of videos telling you how go get tack sharp images.

Finally look up for Angelo Bufalino's and Andre Nordheim's tutorial videos (specific for aviation edition) on Youtube. They are awesome!

Good luck!

Phillip L. 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:54 CET

Again, could you please stop writing thinks like 'PLZ HELP ME' in youre topic? People will help you anyways!

Thanks alot.

Samuel Kymäläinen 

Joined in April 2017
Posted 22 July 2017 - 22:43 CET

If your pictures is not sharp you need better lens and probably new camera but THE LENS is MORE IMPORTANT! Then yu also need to use always something like f8. Also if you have 500mm lens do not use shutter speed under 1/500. If you have 300mm lens do not use shutter speed under 300mm (you got the point. But I would recommend you to use over 1/1000 shutter speed and low iso like 100- 260

KIMURA Tetsushi 

Joined in October 2014
Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:33 CET

I agree with Katz. Settings and techniques are more important than equipment. Abundance of light is most important. You are encouraged to take photos under clear sky. Cheap lenses can produce sharp images at f/8-f/11. Cheap DSLRs can produce high quality images at ISO 200 or lower. All of my published photos are taken with my 400 US$ DSLR and 200 US$ lens.

However, it is true that luxury devices can help you take good photos in challenging conditions that require wider aperture and/or higher ISO.

Improvement of sharpness in editing is limited, in my opinion.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1578 (9 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.