Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » This Photo is unsharp? are you crazy?

This Photo is unsharp? are you crazy?

Eric_Oberhofer 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 1 September 2017 - 20:25 CET

Hi

My photo gets rejected with the reason "main object is not sharp"

In my opinion this photo was very sharp, i don't understand this screener, it was everytime the same screener who has problems with my photos.

photo: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-8/954662.jpg

Thanks for your help guys

regards

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 1 September 2017 - 20:36 CET

For me is sharp.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 1 September 2017 - 20:38 CET

The screener also rejected me this image by the same reason, what do you think?

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2017-8/955703.jpg

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 1 September 2017 - 20:56 CET

Eric, the left side of your picture is sharp, but somehow, from the opened door to the right is quite unsharp, I don't know why, but that's what I see.

LIEN, more or less the same as Eric, the plane is very sharp in the middle, but tail and nose aren't (look at the cockpit windows and the TUI logo on the tail). It could work in a smaller size with more sharpening in those areas, but still, there are some very perceptible dark halos all along the fuselage and tail.

Cheers.

Eric_Oberhofer 

Joined in January 2017
Posted 1 September 2017 - 23:51 CET

For me it's sharp, i think this is because of the hot air from the Engine and the wind has blown the hot air forward...

no matter.

it is better in 1400px?

Attached photos:

Hans Scholtens 

Joined in May 2012
Posted 1 September 2017 - 23:56 CET

First of all, a less strong topic title might help in getting other people's opinion and assistance. Calling a screener or the site "crazy" isn't what one may call a good start for constructive feedback. ;-)

Secondly, the screener is right. And as mentioned by Manuel, the center of the image (cabin door, crew member) is sharp, nose, cockpit section and tail are not.

A simple check of the EXIF information shows you shot this at 120 mm with an aperture of 4.5, which will give a somewhat shallow depth of field. Combine that with the fact that the helicopter is in somewhat of an angle to your position and this easily explains why both the cockpit section and the tail are out of focus.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 2 September 2017 - 16:57 CET

Thanks all for your answer.

Gut Zoltan 
Joined in September 2012
Posted 2 September 2017 - 20:17 CET

The screenwriters are now interesting, look at the background here, so they would have been dropped if I fill it up

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/955737/60-0003-usa-air-force-boeing-b-52h-stratofortress/

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1456 (34 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.