Private Weir W-2 Autogyro W-2
Operator: Private - W-2
Aircraft: Weir - W-2 Autogyro
Airport: UK - Scotland - Scotland - Off Airport
Photo taken on 2011-8-27 by sunshine band [Contact]
Camera setting: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, 1/15s, f/2.8 at 35mm ISO 125
Is the data incorrect? Let us know!
(28.8.2011, 23:25 CET)
In 1928, Spaniard Juan de la Cierva arrived in the United Kingdom and established his own company, of which Weir Ltd were main financiers. The first Weir autogyro was the W-1, which was improved upon by the W-2, powered by a two cylinder Weir Dryad II engine, this autogyro first flew during March 1934 from Abbotsinch. It has now been "hung" as an exhibition piece at the newly redecorated National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.