Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » HDR effects (good to upload?)

HDR effects (good to upload?)

Victor Ambriz 

Joined in August 2013
Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 CET

I don't know if this picture looks good with HDR (to me looks fantastic) but i wanna know what i need to do to do better quality in picture.

Attached photos:

Jelle 

Joined in May 2013
Posted 28 April 2014 - 00:54 CET

Hi,

First of all I am not a screener, keep that in mind ;), but here's what I think.

The plane looks oversharpened and soft. Did you used a tool to remove noise?

I have Dfine2 and I know that it could cause soft pictures if you remove too much noise.

Also the "TACA"" logo and the registration are jagged. This means that you've sharpened too much. An other thing is that you're photo is underexposed. If you have lightroom or photoshop it's simple to solve this problem. You can look around on the internet for some tutorials.

The picture could use some selective sharpen. I think that this photo has potential, but then you have to rework this picture.

Nevertheless I think that it is a very nice picture.

Arthur Arnoldi 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:01 CET

Hi victor!

For my personal opinion, the image needs a little bit more contrast, some ccw rotation.

Some parts are over sharpened, reg and another one is soft near central landing gear.

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:37 CET

Victor, the answer to your question is. "It depends."

It depends on what you want to do with it, if you want to post it onto AP then I very much doubt if it will be accepted.

Personally, it is poor HDR being over processed with medium to heavy amounts of local contrast enhancement.

The detail in the sky has been destroyed, ironed out by over processing, while the detail on the foreground has noticeable amounts of local contrast enhancement. The aircraft itself is possibly OK but the registration is showing signs of over sharpening.

In saying all that it is just my opinion and it is your photo after all, it is how you see the scene and not mine, perhaps it will be OK for your own personal web site but not, I fear for AP.

I am a purist when it comes to HDR trying to get the most natural looking picture that a possibly can, that's what it was designed for and not for grunging images.

Why did you feel the need to process it in the first place?

Looking at it, the dynamic range is not too bad.

Jelle 

Joined in May 2013
Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:09 CET

This topic is about HDR.

I also want to share a HDR picture with you.

Do you think this is good enough for this website?

Attached photos:

Arthur Arnoldi 

Joined in February 2013
Posted 28 April 2014 - 16:22 CET

So much gamma , on the right corner, a little bit soft and some noise at sky

Darryl Morrell 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 29 April 2014 - 22:48 CET

I dont personally see why people have to severly over process photoson here and call them HDR, most just look simply awful. Theres so many photos on this website of so called creative photography where people have taken photos and grossly over processed them. There is a difference between proper HDR and half of the stuff people have uploaded on here. HDR done correctly can look good in some cases.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 2142 (31 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.