Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Important about photos!

Important about photos!

Stefan Markov-LBSF 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 4 August 2014 - 09:39 CET

So, the other day I uploaded a photo taken in Oslo with what is for me an interestig situation. The two pilots of an Austrian F100 were talking to each other thru the window of the cockpit about I supose the bird strike which is cllearly visible above the registration, and it was rejected due to the reason thah there are faces in the photo. I said OK, but now I saw some photos newly uploaded in whici the faces of the pilots are clearly visible. My question is does only Austrian pilots don't want their faces around the web, or it is something more global?

the photo down is the rejected one!

Attached photos:

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 4 August 2014 - 21:33 CET

It is a sensitive issue. Generally the person that is recognizable in the photo should know that you are taking a photo of him/her and that you may publish it.

In the end it comes to the Screener to decide, but generally we tend to play safe.

Stefan Markov-LBSF 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 5 August 2014 - 21:09 CET

So if I ask Austrian to give me permition and they do, it would be possible to upload it? And do you require some kind of an official agreement, or you will just belive me?

Thnaks Martin, will see what can I do, because I think that the photo is worth to be on this web page, after all it is creative aviation photography, isn't it! ;)

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 7 August 2014 - 22:24 CET

Thats a nice Bird Strike just above the VC wow check it out.

Shame about this pictures it looks good but the Safe card will be used on many of these images.

Stefan Markov-LBSF 

Joined in March 2013
Posted 8 August 2014 - 18:54 CET

Yup, it's a nice one, but after a small talk with Austrian they decided not to give me the green light, so good for playing it safe AP, and thanks Martin

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 8 August 2014 - 21:05 CET

Thanks Stefan for dealing with that responsibly!

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1601 (25 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.