Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » London Heathrow Plane Spotting

London Heathrow Plane Spotting

Mark Paul Brockdorff 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:50 CET

Hi all,

I am planning on spotting at Heathrow this winter. I have been told about the places good for spotting and how to get there. I would like to know what are the best times to see the majority of the heavies landing. Maybe I can get some help from locals or frequent LHR spotters please? There are some planes that I really would like to see like the Air India Boeing 787, Singapore A380, BA A380 and 787s and that sort.

Thanks for any help given,

Regards,

Mark Paul Brockdorff

Spencer Wilmot 

Joined in July 2007
Posted 22 November 2014 - 16:29 CET

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/live-flight-arrivals

Mark Paul Brockdorff 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 22 November 2014 - 16:59 CET

Thanks Spencer :-)

Anna Kucharz 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 22 November 2014 - 18:42 CET

LHR is always busy with heavies :) check www.flightstats.com a few days before your trip to see arrival/departure times with exact aircraft type, it makes planning much easier :)

This post has been edited by Anna Kucharz on 22nd November 2014 - 18:43

Mark Paul Brockdorff 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 22 November 2014 - 20:35 CET

Yeah, full of heavies <3 nothing better! :D But I have been asking as there are some particular ones that I would wish to see. Thanks for the info

Ben Walsh 

Joined in July 2013
Posted 5 December 2014 - 16:29 CET

Sorry if it's late....

Singapore fly their A380's into LHR something like 5/6 times a day.

BA's A380's might be slighty harder to snap, but if you're there all day you will see a couple! They also usually park them in clear-ish view by the 27R runway (their maintenance hanger).

Also finally, 787's from Air India are usually there around midday but, they are sometimes replaced with 77W's.(I can't remember how many times they fly into LHR but the max I've seen is twice).

Finally, watch for the runway change at 3pm, I've missed heavies I've been waiting for all day because ATC has put them on the opposite runway during peak times.

Have Fun!

Mark Paul Brockdorff 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 6 December 2014 - 17:05 CET

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info :) I was advised about the runway transition, I am planning to be there between 11:00 and 14:00.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1528 (21 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.