Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Spotting at Milan Malpensa

Spotting at Milan Malpensa

Jeffrey Schäfer 

Joined in November 2009
Posted 18 March 2012 - 13:28 CET

Hello all.

This tuesday I'm flying to Malpensa for an afternoon of spotting, I just wanted to go somewhere so I choose Malpensa as Easyjet had a nice deal on it.

I'm arriving at terminal 2 and then I'll take a transfer to Terminal 1. I heard there was a descend spot inside behind the mac donalds or something.

I won't be able to get a car or anything so I'm pretty restricted to staying around the terminal. Are there any descend spots around that area?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey Schäfer.

LH422 

Joined in January 2012
Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:11 CET

How much time do you have there? A walk to the taxiway is just about 30min!

Jeffrey Schäfer 

Joined in November 2009
Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:31 CET

What taxiway is that?! :-) The one leading for lineup for 35R?

I'll be there from like 11:30 untill 17:00. But the weather forecasts aren't looking pretty for outside photography.

LH422 

Joined in January 2012
Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:44 CET

Yep, it´s taxiway "Hotel". When runway 35R is in use for departures most planes take this taxiway. But pay attention to the runway changes. On every day they change the runways on 1500lcl. So, when 35L is for landing and 35R for departure, the change 35L to the departure runway and 35R for the landing. In the last case you could take photos of landing planes in a wood near the taxiway, take off shots from both runways can be taken from Terminal 1.

Jeffrey Schäfer 

Joined in November 2009
Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:20 CET

Thank you very much for the information Dominik!

I'll probably go check out that spot outside if it's dry.

Jeff.

LH422 

Joined in January 2012
Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:02 CET

You´re welcome!

And I think when you leave Terminal 2 on departure level and go straight to the right, there is a little parking lot; from there you can take pictures of the apron.

Greetings and have fun :-)

Chris Blackmun 
Joined in December 2011
Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:09 CET

It can get very quiet at Malpensa. If you're not just after airliners, there's the Volandia Museum a short walk from Terminal 1. Also when you transfer between terminals, the bus takes you past the Italian Police/Customs ramp which often has helicopters parked up. Have a look here for more http://aircraftspotting.co.uk/planespotting-guides/italy.php

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1557 (49 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.