Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » News & Events !

News & Events !

Jocelyn Dell 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 21 June 2015 - 21:30 CET

Hi everyone, my question a bit silly but... when we download a photo, we can click on the case "Newsworthy picture: Please tick if the picture is related to news or event. Some Deadline for airshows is 7 days after the event.".

So, we can create a new event within 7 days after its end. But once the event added, can we add pictures to it once past 7 days?

Thanks in advance guys !

Murmeldeier 

Joined in August 2008
Posted 21 June 2015 - 22:10 CET

As far as I know (the admins will correct me if not), you can upload any picture related to an event in a kind of priority lane (by ticking the box) within 7 days, period beginning from the date of the event itself.

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 22 June 2015 - 16:07 CET

A while ago the deadline for news was just a few days but it was decided that due to the fact that some events can last days e.g. RIAT we would extend the deadline to 7 days.

There are two types of news - Airshow/events and General

With Airshows/Events an article is created and 1 or more images is added to it, If more images arrive after the event article has be published then they will be added to it, up to the 7 day limit.

General news is just a first/rare visit etc and only one image is used to illustrate this. If more than one news image is uploaded then it's the first uploaded that's used. However it should be noted that while this is generally the case it is not unheard of for us to use the 2nd or 3rd uploaded image for the news if we feel it illustrates it better.

Hope this makes sense :)

This post has been edited by on 22nd June 2015 - 16:08

Jocelyn Dell 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 25 June 2015 - 17:54 CET

Thank you Murmeldeier and Michael for the information ! :)

Jakub Baltyn 
Joined in July 2013
Posted 26 June 2015 - 21:41 CET

I connect to the topic.I rejected me pictures which I added as news. Reason "No news reason given.". Shows in Deblin held on 20 June and images added 26. According to the rules, "Newsworthy picture: Please tick if the picture is related to news or event. Some Deadline for airshows is 7 days after the event.". So Regulation does not cover every user?

Michal Kolomyjski 

Joined in March 2011
Posted 28 June 2015 - 16:59 CET

Hello,

I can't understand the way of creation "Events" on main page.

I uploaded few photos from Szczecin Air Picnic, than I click the "newsworthy" box.

When photos was accepted by screeners the event was not created by admins.

How can I solve this problem?

King regards,

MK

Crossley 

Joined in January 2013
Posted 2 July 2015 - 22:54 CET

This has been picked up by the AP Team but always remember if you wish to cover an event always try to have more than 5 images to cover this said event.. I will make better coverage and great viewing. Enjoy Aviation have a good day.

Michal Kolomyjski 

Joined in March 2011
Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:40 CET

Hello,

I've got the same problem again.

I uploaded more than 5 photos from 15 th World Helicopter Championships in Poland but the event didn't released on main page.

In comment to screeners I request to release this event.

Can anybody help?

Greeting,

Michał

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:51 CET

Hi Michal, you have uploaded 6 photos of this event, but you forgot to tick 2 of them as news. Hence we have only 4 photos in our system, which is not enough for Airshow item. I have corrected that, but next time please make sure that you upload the news photos correctly.

Michal Kolomyjski 

Joined in March 2011
Posted 17 August 2015 - 21:14 CET

Sorry Martin, my mistake.

But now I uploaded next few photos but they didn't released in this event. Can you tell me why?

King regards,

Michał K.

Piotr Bieluszewski 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 17 August 2015 - 21:31 CET

You have uploaded 11 pictures from the event and all are assigned to the news:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/airshow.php?p=1677

What is wrong ?

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 17 August 2015 - 21:41 CET

Michal have uploaded several pictures of that event correctly as news in the last couple of days so all is OK. :)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1612 (24 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.