Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Spotting in Japan

Spotting in Japan

Magnus Maas 
Joined in February 2015
Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:42 CET

This one goes out to all our Japanese friends here:

I will be in Japan this February and would love to do some spotting. I dont care too much about special traffic, its more the interesting positions, backgrounds, etc. that I love. What do you think, what are the most interesting airports to do some spotting in Japan? I plan to travel from Tokyo with some detours south via Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima to Nagasaki and/or Kagoshima, however nothing is fix yet and I am open for any suggestions!

Thank you for any hint!

Best regards and greetings from Germany,

Magnus

Seiji Chiba 

Joined in July 2012
Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:59 CET

Hi, Magnus Maas,

Welcome to Japan.

If your entry airport will be Narita (NRT/RJAA), you can enjoy spotting at the viewing deck, but I think you may not be satisfied side shots because it seems you prefer unique views. If you are going to rent a car, I can recommend various points outside the airport.

I shot some photos yesterday at Osaka international airport (RJOO/ITM), and uploaded two shots to the AP.net this morning. I shot them at Itami Sky park, which you can use a local bus from the airport.

I can tell you more in detail if you point my past photos uploaded to the AP.net.

Regards,

Seiji

Magnus Maas 
Joined in February 2015
Posted 27 December 2015 - 13:31 CET

Dear Seiji,

thanks for your recommendation! I felt the same about Narita too, getting around there without a car (I am 20 years old, so I think I wont be able to rent a car in Japan) will be pretty hard. Thought about going to ITM as well, there are some truly amazing shots from this airport and I like the angels with the houses and advertising signs in the background. Thought about HND too because I feel like getting around there by public transport might be easier than at NRT.

These are the obvious options though where lots of awesome pictures are uploaded frequently. I was wondering more about the "hidden gems", smaller regional airports which aren't that well known in Europe. For example I recently found some amazing shots from Toyama, which I would definitly love to visit but it is far off my planned route sadly.

Thanks for your aid,

Magnus

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 2094 (60 members)
© 2006-2022 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.