Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » not sharp

not sharp

nickema 
Joined in January 2016
Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:32 CET

12 hours in screening to be told not sharp enough and photo lacks contrast which wasnt a issue on the previous rejection

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-3/689928.jpg

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 22 March 2016 - 13:12 CET

Personally, I try to avoid re-submitting rejected photos, as the screeners usually comment on the predominant issues with a photo, though there may be more. If they reject, there are generally a whole scope of issues they found. Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you want any more clarification!

Sebastián Ulloa 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 22 March 2016 - 15:56 CET

Hey Nickema,

Been there, totally agree and understand the frustration, as Adam said, sometimes they only tell you the major errors but that doesn't mean that there aren't others in the pic.

To me it looks a bit soft, It could be do to the drizzle or just the poor light at the moment, major problem you may have is the fact that if you do some sharpening you may get some jaggies in the straight lines.

Contrast.. hmmm you can take the whites a bit down and pull the blacks up a bit and see how it goes.

IMO I would probably let it go, wouldn't want to affect my ratio on a Pic that you can maybe take again with better conditions.

Cheers

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 22 March 2016 - 16:06 CET

nickema, and you think that 12 hours in screening was too long...... I really think that AP members are very lucky. In my opinion Sebastian Ulloa, gave you a good feedback enough so to learn more how to evaluate your work, before complaining for a 12 hour wait in screening.

Jens Nannen 

Joined in May 2014
Posted 22 March 2016 - 17:04 CET

12h in screening is nothing. good look getting it screened at JP in less than 12 DAYS.

if you're really honest with yourself, you have to agree that it's kinda soft, isn't it?

Adam Tetzlaff 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 22 March 2016 - 18:28 CET

12 hour screening is incredible, lets all be real here!

Vegard Hopland 
Joined in January 2013
Posted 22 March 2016 - 20:53 CET

12hour is nothing. On JP you can wait up until 29days :)

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 22 March 2016 - 22:39 CET

My mentor (One of the screeners on here) has taught me sometimes the hardest part of Editing, is picking the right photo to start with, thats a huge learning curve. Unless its something rare, something that wont be photographed again in the location, then I shall avoid badly lit and non sunny shots!

CMSeabra 

Joined in February 2015
Posted 23 March 2016 - 16:03 CET

JetPhotos currently has a screening time of 12 days but I already waited some weeks/months ago near 26 days, so 12 hours of screening would be never a reason to complain... In AirplanePictures sometimes the screening time is less than that and I've already waited only a few minutes (in normal queue, not hot photos).

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1429 (31 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.