Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » On purpose keeping stats low!??

On purpose keeping stats low!??

KevinR 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 13 April 2016 - 20:49 CET

The following picture is rejected because of;

"Sky is over-exposed and washed out. Dust spot in front of right vertical stabiliser"

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-4/703843.jpg

Dust spot is my responsibility, but sky over-exposed. The screeners are not on the location, so they can never decide how the weather looked like while taking the photo.

Same as this;

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/rejected-images/2016-4/703862.jpg

"Main object is not sharp. Sky is washed out. Specks in the sky."

Im getting mad! about the screening proces. Also, I've got plenty of rejected photo for not sharp. But if i look at some other photo's, oo man, don't get me started (with all respect to my fellow photographers). Next thing; I've seen plenty of photos with incorrect information from; location and / or plane.

It need to change!! And don't get started about, its ok here because JP etc is more strict about stuff, if thats the case, let them give good feedback about what needs to change and how, and not send use to the forum, because they are screeners, they will check the photo again after re-upload.

I think the screeners team need to rethink how they screen, if they have doubts about a / the photo, let them ask the photographer feedback of the possible rejected photo, and if the feedback is not ok enough, then reject, instead of reject - appeal - reject again or accepted.

PLEASE!!

Jakub Nanowski 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:51 CET

I don't understand the title "On purpose keeping stats low!??". Could you please explain what do you mean specificaly? There is no explanation in your post.

No offence, but please, stop getting mad and try to understand that screeners do their best and they really want to help you. To improve your photos.

I'm not saying that they are bad, but it is true that they could be better. Perhaps if you try to correct your photos to fulfill the screeners, you will like them more? It may turn out, that when you correct them to get accepted, they will be much better than now? We are lifelong learning creatures ;)

Have a nice day Kevin!

Sebastián Ulloa 

Joined in April 2015
Posted 14 April 2016 - 15:07 CET

Hey,

Would have to Agree with Ramon and Jakub on the title. I do also understand the frustration when a photo is rejected, both these guys are right, if you want additional feedback you can use the forum, other people may provide feedback, it doesn't mean that everyone will say, yeah go for it, so it's a matter of being open to that type of feedback.

On the other hand, a Senior Admin told me a few a weeks ago something like "the fact the pic is somehow special to you doesn't mean that we need to bend our standards or the screening process/quality" at the beginning it was like "Oh come on ! It's a nice pic, FO saying Hi etc." first screener came saying.. second opinion, Second Screener said... something (not good of course, it caused the pic to be rejected). this Sr. Admin, besides that phrase I mentioned told me after I appeal, well... if you notice the pic is bad lit, the light is on the back of the plane, so light is not actually hitting the plane, making it dark, if you rise the HLs or Exposure, you'll end up blowing the sky.... long story short... Nice Shot but need to pass...

One of the pics you have mentioned, is quite dark and indeed the object seems a bit blur. Work with your Fs/ISO/Shutter Speed and the post process would be way easier.

With Respect,

Sebastian

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1453 (19 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.